This article covers the detail of the Delhi High Court Judicial Exams 2022, how to apply online, eligibility for exams, syllabus, exam date, method of examination, when do you get the admit card and result. It will help you to understand the exam details so that it is easier for the students to catch up.
The judicial service exams recruit eligible candidates for 19 different vacancies directly. It is a very good opportunity for the students who have an interest in the judiciary.
First, let us know who is eligible to apply for judicial service exams.
The applicant applying for judicial service exams must be:
- Above 32 years old
- Practicing or being admitted as an Advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961.
Online application procedure
We will now look into how to apply for the judicial service exam online.
- The first step is to go to the official website of the Delhi High Court at (www.delhihighcourt.nic.in) go through the instruction provided.
- Fill up all the details that are asked in the application form;
- Upload or attach the required documents like your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Once completed, you can take a printout of the application form for any reference.
Application fees for Delhi Judicial Service Exams is Rs. 1000/- for general or open category and Rs. 200/- for Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Class category.
You can make payment through UPI/ Internet Banking/ Debit Card.
Please note down the following list of important dates:
List of Events
|Application Form submission||December 2021|
|Last date of submission of application form||January 2022|
|Last date for payment of Fees||January 2022|
|Delhi High Court Exam Date 2022||February 2022|
|Result announced||February 2022|
Method of Examination
There are three phases of Delhi High Court Judicial Service Exams 2022 namely; preliminary exams, main exams and viva voce.
Preliminary exams will have multiple-choice questions (MCQ) for 200 marks that will cover Law, General Knowledge, etc. (given in detail below) questions.
**Please note that for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
The main Exam will be a written paper in a Descriptive Format.
|I||Language and General Knowledge||250|
|II||Civil Law I||200|
|III||Civil Law II||200|
Now let us look into the syllabus of the Delhi High Court Judicial Service Exam 2022.
Preliminary Exam Syllabus: (200 marks)
Aptitude, Candidates Power of expression, Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Penal Code, Indian Partnership Act, Principles Governing Arbitration Law, Specific Relief and Limitation Act.
Main Exam Syllabus:
There are four sections of main exams namely:
- Section I: General Knowledge and Language (250 marks)
Current affairs, Essay, General knowledge, precis writing and translation.
For translation, there will be two passages one English to Hindi (Devanagari Script) and the other Hindi to English.
- Section II: Civil Law I (200 marks)
Hindu law, Delhi Rent Control Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian sale of Goods Act, Indian Partnership Act, Islamic Law, Law of Torts and Specific Relief Act.
- Section III: Civil Law II (200 marks)
Code of Civil Procedure, Law of Evidence, Law of Limitation and Law of Registration;
- Section IV: Criminal Law (200 marks)
Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act and Indian Penal Code.
Finally, the applicant who has cleared the main judicial service exams will be called for a viva voce. A viva voce would be 150 marks. Then the selected candidate would be given a judicial post.
Applicants would be provided with the admit card for giving their exams. This admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
You can click the concede card to connect.
You can print the admit card for later use.
The exam result for the Delhi Judicial Service Exams will be announced on the official website of the Delhi High Court.
- To clear the main exams, the applicant is required to score at least half marks and 40% in each main exams.
- To clear the viva voce round, the applicant must score at least half marks (45% for reserved category applicants).
- The marks of the main exams and viva voce is consolidated to clear the judicial service exams.
The Delhi High Court Judicial Service Exams 2022 is a highly competitive exam. It has three exams phases namely; the preliminary exams, main exams and viva voce. The application form, application fees, admit card and results will be declared on the official website of the Delhi High Court.